September 9, 2016
Episode 30: Are Chatbots the New Apps?
AI-powered chatbots are becoming increasingly pervasive. As they become more and more sophisticated, they’re starting to provide real value by making our lives easier. In this episode, Jon Prial talks with Erik Kalviainen, the Co-founder of Meya, a company that helps businesses build and host bots. Find out more about the tremendous opportunity that bots represent and learn some of the tricks to getting them right.
You’ll hear about:
- What bots are and aren’t
- Why bots might become more pervasive than apps
- The differences between bots and search engines
- When using bots does and doesn’t make sense
- Evolving from short-term transactions to longer-term interactions
- Principles of bot design
- The best use cases for bots
- How AI, conversational UX and bots are evolving
- The case for bots in financial planning
- Building and launching a bot solution
- How the nature of bots might change as they become pervasive
- The point at which bots should become a priority
in your inbox
Join our community of thousands of tech entrepreneurs to get actionable insights from our monthly newsletter.